Sunday, August 25, 2013

Summer going going gone

So, I wish I could say I had posted of all the fun things we did over the summer.

But come on, I have 11 kids and 9 at home now! Did I say, under the age of 10! So, summer was filled with playing outside, going to the farm, spending some time at Grammy's house, some kids went to camp, played with the neighbors, went to the Snowcone Lady, LegoLand, playing with our new hens!
























But time just slipped away from all the "FUN" things I had planned in my head to do. Like arts and crafts, baking, exploring the DFW area! But seriously, by the time you get all the kids dressed, fed and the chickens taken care of and the watering of the trees,
It is already 12:00pm. Then there is lunch and maybe a nap for the baby, then therapy! So, this last week of summer break, what have we done??

Well, tired to get all the stuff we wanted to try to do!

So we went to the Go kart place, went to see Planes the movie, had a mani & pedi, went to the lake to jet ski, had meet the teacher (yippee).
























So even though we did not go anywhere like Hawaii or Disney and come on, we can't afford to do that with all our kids, I would love to, but not gonna happen. But feel free to sponsor us to go!

We had a great summer!

S'more on our land with the family, camping for the night with the family, just being together!!

So, people ask me, " Are you ready for school to start?" I look at them and laugh! Seriously, YES!!

We need the even more structure that we have, and we have 3 with special needs. And I just sing praises for the Special Ed teachers!!

I am looking forward to spending some time with the littles alone, time with my friends, time to take a shower longer than 3 minutes, shaving my legs more than once a week, being able to potty in peace!!! Looking forward to not hearing the phrase" Do I have to?" Or I am bored! We live on 3 acres and there are 9 kids, seriously boredom should never come out of my children's mouth!

I am looking forward for my kids to make new friends in their new classes, to grow their minds. But most of all, come home at the end of the day!!

As we send another off to school to Kinder, I am sad but happy for her to experience life!

So summer is going going gone but not forgotten.


- Suzanne, Mother of 11

No comments: