Monday, February 6, 2012

Baby keepsake

My sweet baby is one month! I can't believe the time has flown. She is growing to a big 6lbs. 6oz. now. As I rock her and spend our one on one time, I see God
In every moment. I am just in AWE of HIM even more!

I wanted to make something special for her with her keepsake items.

I got a shadow box from Hobby Lobby when they were half off, final cost was $17 for that, white sewing pins and her special items!

I monogrammed a newborn onesie with all of her birth info. Added the newborn card that was in her bed in the hospital, her foot prints that I did. Our hospital bands, one of her 3D ultra sound pictures, the card from my flowers from daddy(my favorite item), a keepsake rattle that was a gift and a pair of booties someone made her.

I think it came out great! I will add her silver bangle baby bracelet once she is done wearing it. Then I can look at them everyday in her room and remember that blessed day that the Lord gave us on 12-28-11!!

Then when she gets older I can make another with her lovies or favorite toys. When she becomes a mom herself, she might want to pass on some of her things to her baby!






1 comment:

Leslie Mullino said...

Suzanne Hollman!! I was at dinner tonight with a friend who is in the process of fostering/adopting and has been a part of a infertility group for a few years now and long story short...she begins telling me about a story she saw on the morning news about this family. As familiar as the story sounded I was sure it wasn't yall until she said ...and they were all named after presidents! Small world perhaps!! I just read that you had a little girl. I can't believe it!! A few more and TLC might give you your own show. I'm glad to see that everyone appears to be doing well. I was in Frisco a few weeks back and thought of yall. You're a fantastic mom, and now one more little girl gets to experience that. I hope this finds you all doing well!

Leslie